SixWings is capable of tailoring a parent coaching support programme, Parent Coaching Support Programme (PCSP), to support parents and achieve better educational outcomes for Teenagers.
The programme is aimed at pupils in key stages 1 – 4, who have been excluded from mainstream school as a result of maladaptive and anti-social behaviour. The parent coaching programme will enable AP settings to create an emotionally secure environment in order to:
- Develop young peoples ‘executive functioning’ skills to manage feelings and relationships so that they can interact more effectively in groups such as a classroom setting;
- Improve teacher-student relationship and build student capacity to feel confident that they can rely on important adults such as parents and teachers. We call this ‘epistemic trust’.
- Reduce parent-teenager conflict and enable parents to better coach their children
- Improve a teenager engagement with learning and therefore their attendance and attainment.
What we aim to achieve
We expect the course to deliver the following:
- Parents/carers will be better able to manage hostile and defiant behaviour
- Parents/carers will be better able to coach children in improved executive functioning and support children through difficult transitions.
- Parents/carers will be more engaged in their child’s education
- Improved social competence and relationships with others
- More effective anger management
- Increased resilience and problem-solving ability
- Improved social cognition skills
- Self-management and task completion
- Reduction in underachievement and disengagement from school
- Improvements in academic progression
- Increased parental involvement in teenager’s education